International Education Systems (IES) is one of the few international organisations in the world to offer a structured programme of studies from Early Childhood Education (pre-school) through to University level studies. The IES schools are officially recognised by the relevant national education authorities and all qualifications offered have both national and international recognition. Therefore, all awards made by the IES schools are also fully recognised both nationally and internationally; whether these be in the pre-school, primary or high school levels.
- Are members of a worldwide network of international schools which work together, share expertise, and offer cultural and linguistic exchanges
- Focus on the individual student, through small classes, mentoring and a system of
- Stress Internationalism, whether through International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes or
national programmes that include an emphasis on Internationalism
- Promote the learning of multiple languages as a key skill in a globalised world
- Promote academic rigour
- Stress the development of character, self-discipline and learning how to learn
- Are flexible about the distinctive needs of the different societies and communities which they serve.
The IES Board and Senior Executive Team comprises a team of experts, whose combined knowledge of best practice in education, at an international level, is unique in their field. All the members of the team are highly qualified in their areas of individual expertise, with many years as practitioners in the field of private education.
Setting the team apart from other organisations working in the field, is the fact that the individual members have been working cooperatively for a considerable period of time. They understand and share a philosophy and ethos as to the role of private education in today’s society. This enables a degree of coherence in organisation, planning and development rarely found in educational institutions.
This coherence is complemented by a consonance between planning and application. The IES educational project is much more than theory – it is reality in practice. A key element of the project is the opportunity for students of schools within the organisation, both nationally and internationally, to develop bonds of common educational and social endeavour – encompassing both curricular and extra-curricular activities. Thus an IES student will become a member of an international learning community, developing intellectual and social horizons beyond the territorial boundaries of any one country.
LINKS AND AFFILIATIONS
IES schools are closely linked to the SEK-International Institution, a network of schools and universities in Latin America and Spain. The schools are members of The International Schools Association (ISA), offer, where appropriate, qualifications awarded by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) and the International Baccalaureate (IB), and locally are members of major school associations such as the Florida Council of Independent Schools, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (USA), the Independent Schools Association (UK) and the Independent Association of Prep Schools (UK).
IES owns and operates a growing number of schools throughout the world. Currently we have 11 schools, three in the Republic of South Africa, two in the United Kingdom, and one each in Hungary, Italy, Panama, Portugal, Romania and the United States of America.
Its aim is to provide high quality education, adapted to the needs of individual children, within an international perspective. We appreciate the trust that parents place in us by choosing us as the best option for the challenge of educating their children. They are the key players in the educational process and it is to them that we dedicate our expertise and efforts.
Other IES Schools include:
- Blouberg International School (Republic of South Africa)
- Boca Prep International School (United States of America)
- Grantham Preparatory International School (United Kingdom)
- Helderberg International School (Republic of South Africa)
- Ljubljana International School (Slovenia)
- Panama Preparatory International School (Panama)
- SEK Budapest International School (Hungary)
- St John’s International School (United Kingdom)
- Udine International School (Italy)
- Cesário Verde (Portugal)
GET IN TOUCH
We would love to hear from you…
We are on hand to answer any questions you may have! Please get in touch either with the following contact details or by using our quick contact form. We will endeavour to reply to you within 1 working day.
If you would like to arrange visiting the school, to have a personal tour and to get answer to all of your questions, please visit our Admissions page & make an enquiry with a suggested time and date to suit you!